Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our first week at Work

We arrive at Living Hope each day around 8:00 and we have a little room for us to work in. We meet first thing in the morning for devotions and then begin the week. Pat Ball, the volunteer coordinator, left yesterday for 2 weeks and Avril Thomas, John’s wife also left yesterday. This leaves us on our own for the next couple of weeks with Teams. Nothing like throwing us into the Lions Den!!!!
There is a couple coming from Releigh North Carolina today, Friday, to volunteer for 89 days. There is also a team coming from Rolling Hills Baptist Church, Franklin,Tn. on Saturday and they will be here for 2 weeks.
Pat came in to inform us that we are now on Africa time. She said don’t expect things to get done quickly. We have done pretty well at getting things accomplished. We have all of our furniture now and are trying to decorate a little. We also have been able to get contracts on cell phones, and a bank account, that usually takes a while for most volunteers who come. Mike is very persistent and it has paid off.
Mike has been made aware, but I think he knew it all along, that Pat wants to pass all of the volunteer coordinator job description on to him. I believe that I will be helping Mike as his assistant and we ask that you pray for us to get established and settled and help me see where I fit in. The Crown Financial will be slow going but I have faith that God will help me to persevere to get it into the support groups/savings clubs soon. I had a good meeting today with the director and he likes it but we have to have a curriculum for the townships because their needs are so much different from the Americans. Pray that I will learn their ways and if I am the one to write the curriculum that I will have help and the wisdom to get it done!!

No comments: