Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Our first and second legs of the flight

We are sitting in reclining chairs waiting for our flight from Frankfurt Germany to Cape Town South Africa. I want to share God’s amazing grace through out our day yesterday. ‘
First we had 7 pieces of luggage, 3 extras than allowed, and weighing 20 lbs. over the limit. We had a wonderful friend to take us to the airport in his SUV because of the amount of luggage we had. He was gracious enough to tip the porter to take them for us so we didn’t have to handle them. Then as we checked in the clerk told us it was going to be really expensive to get the luggage over there. We had some idea it would be but didn’t really know how much. Just as we were getting the final amount another friend of ours walked up and said, “Hey I’ll split that with you!” Wow God’s timing is perfect. Not only did we split it but he reduced it by $90.00.

Next, my brother is a pilot for United Airlines and we were talking earlier in the day and we thought we might cross paths in Washington. We tried to make a plan to meet between our connecting flights, but we were a little late and he had to immediately get on a flight to Orlando. I had asked him in an e-mail earlier if it was at all possible to move us to a better seatJ could he do it. I told him the biblical saying is “you have not because you ask not” so I am asking!!!! When we got to the gate they were already boarding the plane, but I knew in my heart that if it was possible to get a better seat my brother would make it happen. I suggested to Mike to go up to the check in counter and see if we had been upgraded. The man at the counter asked him if he knew a Mike, (my brother is Mike too.) and Mike said, “Yes that is my wife’s brother” and he said, “I think you are going to like these seats you will have plenty of leg room. We got moved into economy plus and had all 5 seats to ourselves across the middle of the plane, so needless to say we stretched out to watch a movie and sleep.

Speaking of movie, Mike said when we got on the plane “I hope they are showing the movie, The Ultimate Gift, our friends we stayed with for 3 months said it was a great movie”. Well again, God is so good. We watched The Ultimate Gift and it was a great movie. It is so hard to out think God and His capabilities so stay tuned for the last leg of our journey.

No comments: