Thursday, April 09, 2009

Praying for a miracle

Well, all I can say is we are praying for a miracle. My father has had Alzheimer’s for a couple of years, and my mom has been his only caregiver during this time. It has been very difficult on her, but it has also kept her sharper because she has had to be so responsible. Unfortunately, the last few weeks my mom has gone through some major changes in her medications and she has taken a turn for the worse. She has developed a lot of the same symptoms as my dad and my cousin and nephew are becoming overworked by all their needs. My cousin suggested I come back for a month to either spend time with my mom while she still knew me or to help come up with a plan for them. This has been a heavy burden on me and I am really seeking the Lord for wisdom and guidance. My prayer is obviously for her to get better so they can remain in their home but also for her spiritually to trust God for her needs and to ask Him to help her. He is ultimately the one in control and if it is His will she will recover. Mark 11:24 says, “All the things you pray and ask for, believe you have received them and you will have them.” If things do not improve I am going to have to fly back to the states and meet with my brother and figure out the next steps. I know God has a plan and he says in His Word “That he will not leave me or forsake me,” so I am trusting Him that He will show me the way. Please join me in praying for a miracle!

No comments: