Monday, April 20, 2009

“Son”rise Service on the Beach and the rest of the week



What a beautiful morning our Father created on Easter Sunday! I wanted to share a couple of photos and just express my gratitude to the Lord for such a glorious day. The service began at 6:30 am and the sun arose about 7:10. We then went back home got in a quick 30 minute brisk walk and got ready for church at King of Kings. The rest of the day we spent just hanging out and enjoying the day.
We had a great evening with our Bible Study on Wednesday. The time spent last Wednesday talking about forgiveness really paid off for one of the guys. I asked Mike to ask them if anyone had a testimony to share. One of the guys that asked for prayer for forgiveness spoke up and shared a situation that happened to him over the weekend. We shouldn’t be amazed when we hear stories of how God works, but it was truly an answer to prayer for him. Another stepping stone is that almost everyone is memorizing scripture or asking for prayer to help them. Only one person out of all of them had ever memorized scripture before and it is great to see them building up confidence in themselves. Finally, as we finish up each week, we ask everyone for prayer requests. One guy asked to receive Jesus as his Saviour and Mike walked him through the sinner’s prayer. Of all the things we are doing in this place, this is the most important reason of all. We praise God for what He is doing in the lives of friends from Zimbabwe.
We have been praying for a miracle for my mom and it looks like we may have had a small break through. It is too soon to say definitely, but Thursday night I was preparing to get on a plane this weekend and fly back to the states. On Friday morning, my mom seemed to be doing better. I spoke with my brother and my cousin and they both said wait! I feel like this is part of that “test” where God says, “Be still and wait on me”. I covet your prayers and ask you to continue praying. The new medication regime may finally be kicking in.
Finally, Saturday evening we had all the volunteers over for Mexican night! Not only did we have the tortillas, guacamole, rice, Pico de Gallo, chicken, sour cream, cheese and refried beans, but we played Mexican Train Domino’s! A good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear about your mom Pam! I continue to pray for her and am here if you need me!!!