Thursday, December 03, 2009

God is Able

We are counting down the hours now and I just want to share this story before we get on the plane tomorrow headed for Nashville. The Lord has truly blessed my mom with 2 wonderful ladies to help them get their breakfast and pills sorted each day. Being this far away always seems like a challenge to get anything done, but with God’s help anything is possible. A couple of months ago we were headed down that same path again with my mom and the medications seem to have quit working. I began to pray and ask God to show me how I could help. Through all of this I e-mailed the Pastor of my parents’ church asking if he knew of anyone looking for a part time job. My parents live in the country and the chances of finding one person that was willing to drive seemed slim. This is how big our God is, He sent 2 ladies that live 5 minutes from their house. One lady comes Monday through Friday and the other on Saturday and Sunday. My mom has done a 180 and is better than she has been in a long time. I am always reminded of the scripture about leaving family to do what God calls us to do, (Luke 18:29)but this just reaffirms that what He says in His Word is truth. I didn’t share with family that I had been the one to make all the contacts because I wanted to give God the Glory, but my mom asked one of the ladies last week how they found out about them needing some help. Kay finally said, “I was wondering when you were going to ask” and she told them that I had arranged everything. I just happened to call just as they were finishing up that conversation and my mom really was appreciative of me helping to make all of this happen. I was very excited that all was revealed before I got home and I believe it will put a new light on our relationship. Praise God for what He has done and able to do.

No comments: