Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Who's Got The Book?

There are so many things that happen in our everyday lives that we attribute to circumstance that if we were spiritually aware, we would easily see how God is at work in the minute details of our lives. Here is one such story.

In preparation for this school I have been reading a book by Loren Cunningham, Is That Really You, God? I was and am very impressed by the book because of the reality that we can really clearly understand God’s will for our lives, not only in minute details but in the major decisions we make that guide our ministry and future. The other overwhelming feature of the book was that it was difficult to put down. I wanted to read it all the way through. I knew it would be a great book to share with my children so they could gain a little more insight into YWAM, and also to stimulate their desire to know Him in a more intimate way.

When I talked to Libby (my oldest) on last Saturday morning (which was Friday for her) I mentioned the book to her and suggested she find it and read it. She accepted my suggestion and the very next day while she and several other of her brothers and sister were having a yard sale she spotted the very book I asked her to find on her sister’s table of goods for sale! Nilesen’s husband Sidney had the book (don’t know where he got it) for sale and Libby bought it for fifty cents! I know God placed that book in Libby’s hands.

No comments: