Friday, July 30, 2010

Volunteers, Volunteers, Everywhere

We have had our normal winter in South Africa, summer in the USA, of volunteers and we are slowly but surely decreasing them each week. I made an interesting comment long ago about it being easier to raise an 18 year old than it would be to have a baby. Well, God loves to humor me and uses it quite often when I make silly statements like this. Having one 18 year old was all I was referring too, but as always I usually eat my words. Over the last couple of months we have had as many as 20 volunteers between the ages of 18 to 23 at the same time. We are very thankful that we are only given what we can handle! By the end of this month we are always ready to see what’s in store for August. This is our 3rd year for winter/summer break and I must be getting older because it is getting harder. This is always an opportunity for stretching and being able to give all the glory to God for seeing it through. Philippians 4:13 says it best, “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

1 comment:

Jaclyn Reed said...

Loving you Mike and Pam and I am so thankful I was able to spend some time with you guys in S.A. Today was so weird waking up in my bed in Seattle. . . I miss Cape Town already.

I hope these next few weeks are amazing for you in Cape Town and I'll continue praying for your next steps. Loves! Jaci