Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Trip by Train



In our newsletter we wrote about going to Beaufort West to check out another ministry and a good time was had by all, meaning both of us. Our car has still been a thorn in our side, or better yet the biggest LEMON any one could ever imagine. We weren’t able to drive it because that week it had issues of its own. We had already planned the journey to meet up with our friend, so we checked into taking the train. It turned out to be the cheapest way to travel and it took a lot longer but it was worth it. We were like 2 kids running back and forth from window to window checking out the scenery. We got to eat in the dining car and because we got to go off of our diet for a couple of days, I had a toasted cheese sandwich (grilled cheese in the US). Man it was good. Mike and I have been trying to stay away from bread and sugars but I was ready to cheat and that I did. I even had one the next day at another little hole in the wall and it was even better!! It was an awesome journey and this time I am so glad our car wasn’t co-operating.

No comments: