Monday, July 06, 2009

Who am I to Judge?

I opened up my computer this afternoon to find another shocking story of a person who has died long before he should have. Steve McNair seemed so much closer to home than Michael Jackson or Farrah Fawcett, because of his ties to the Tennessee Titans. I am saddened of the loss but it reminds me of how important it is to live my life in obedience to what God would want me to do. As I look back over the last couple of weeks at the people we have lost, I am reminded of the lives these folks have lead and it seems that no one has a testimony of a relationship with Jesus Christ and where they might be now. I believe it is so critical to know what you believe so that if your life should end so abruptly that you are at total peace with where your soul will be. Michael Jackson was not at peace with himself and Steve McNair was a married man. I believe God can take our lives at any moment and it is in my best interest to trust that the Bible is right, that Jesus is the only way to have eternal life in heaven(John 14:6). I choose not to take my chances, miss the boat and live in eternal hell. I don’t want to be critical or judgmental about these folks but their public lives did not lead me to believe they were people of God. I hope that when I die that people will say she was a person who was faithful and lived for the purpose to serve “An Awesome God.” When I am in heaven I hope to hear “Well done, good and faithful servant!” (Matt 25:21)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike:

I totally agree with your statements. I lost a friend this week. A friend I've had for over 30 years. A Godly man. As you will see in his obituary, written by his son - a minister - he was a "man's man"! He was like a pied piper. People gravitated to him because of who and what he was. When you read the things said about him you realize that we make impressions, we influence, we can change people while we are here...positively and negatively. Danny Rhea, my friend, changed people positively. He his remembere HERE for that. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/commercialappeal/obituary.aspx?n=danny-
w-rhea&pid=130087409