Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Busyness of Life in Cape Town

We have really gotten busy with our work here and it is almost overwhelming with all we have going on. It is a good thing though. We are launching 3 savings clubs this week in the townships and doing a week long entrepreneurial training course with 7 people from the townships beginning next week. This is a pilot course and we are using them to learn how to teach this in the fall to about 20 or more people. It is really taking me out of my comfort zone because I don’t have any background in business or marketing only common sense. (Which is not all bad)

We had a savings club that we were launching this morning and the director and a mentor from another savings club both couldn’t make it due to different circumstances so it forced me and Mike to rely on the Lord to get us through. It was quite amazing because I was uneasy and upset about it. Mike was the cool one. When we got to work two devotions popped up on my screen from 2 different sites and they were both about confidence and that Jesus will see us through. I was totally at ease from that moment forward. Phil 1:6, Matt 28:20.

The other really neat thing was that I had printed out everything that I was supposed to share in the meeting and when it was my turn to speak, the Holy Spirit just lead me right through everything. When I got back to the car to sit down my print out had fallen out of my pocket and was lying on my seat. I am so thankful that I didn’t rely on my paper to get me through.

We also are working with bringing volunteers both local and abroad to help out and all the sudden we have so many that want to come help. It is a good thing, but we have to find jobs they can do. Mike is very good at working along side the people here to see where they could use some help. Please pray for us as we are placing these volunteers that God is directing our paths for each one.
Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: